Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend Visitors

Another American husband, Japanese wife couple came to visit us this weekend. Since K. (the wife) is an acquaintance from my Waseda days, the meeting brought back lots of memories of living in Tokyo and Kawagoe almost 10 years ago. Thru some odd twists of fate she ended up married to this guy who was also a Waseda student a couple years after me and also now lives in Kentucky more for the work than the wonderful lifestyle. It impresses me how magnetic Kentucky must be- it must be the"unbridled spirit".

This State slogan (which aptly replaced "It's that friendly") comes to mind and drives me crazy evertime I drive into the county I live in, past the liquor stores that advertise "last chance for liqour for the next 100 miles" and in general with the wave of religoius opprersion I feel when I forget I can't get any alcohol anywhere all day Sundays. There is definitely somebody with a tight grip on the reins!

Anyhow somehow the air mattress is all out of shape, wont deflate and I have no idea what they tried to do with it that left it miserably useless.

The baby sign language book has arrived! I'll be signing with Ren and chatting it up in no time! I can't wait. I can't wait to see him signing "let's not take a bath and go to bed- let's throw balls around till morning".

No comments: